Pasta with Heart Beets Bento

Pasta with Beet Hearts

This was a quick lunch to make and it could easily be made from dinner leftovers. If you want to heat the pasta in a microwave, you could use different sides or take them out. Usually I cook my own beets but this time I bought Melissa’s Peeled Baby Red Beets. There were no additives but they were very sweet!

Note: Usually when I make this dish I serve the beets separate because I don’t like my pasta to turn pink. I put the beets on top for a Valentine’s themed garnish.

Container: EasyLunchBoxes

Pasta: Mezze Penne with blue cheese, a little bit of butter, and beets cut into heart shapes

Dessert: Red grapes and Heart Shaped York Peppermint Patty

Vegetable: Cherry tomatoes

BentoForKidlet

This entry was posted in Bento / Cute Food and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Pasta with Heart Beets Bento

I like the Hearts Shaped Beets. February is also Heart Awareness Month. Thanks for sharing your Valentine’s Themed garnish. Mtetar

2. “Heart Beets” I love it!!! So yummy, too!

Attractive, but I do not like beets.

Love your “heart beets”, so cute. Looks really tasty too!

5. Sarah says:

How cute! What an interesting blog! I do love beets…maybe I’ve found a bit of inspiration for my lunch box!

6. Rina says:

Blue cheese in pasta is a great idea, I have to try it someday, looks so yummy and I love the heart shaped beets, very appetizing!:)

7. Jenn says:

Looks delicious!! Thanks for linking up to Meatless Monday!

8. KP says:

What a great way to include the beets in lunch. The pasta looks quite yummy.