Happy Halloween! My 19 year old niece and I enjoyed planning and preparing this Halloween party. My Mom also helped. My parents, niece and I had a memorable meal!
- Centerpiece – Carved pumpkin
- Pumpkin Name Cards – We used a black Sharpie to write names on white and orange miniature pumpkins
- Cat Napkin Rings – We used stiff felt strips (stapled around cloth napkins), black felt cat heads with multi-color googly eyes glued onto the felt
- Witch Hat Straws – The link was my inspiration but I made by hand and did not use a Cricut machine.
- Menu Cards (see details below)
- Mashed Potato Ghosts with Green Pea Eyes – shaped in a ghost cookie cutter
- Cooked Green Beans
- Creamed Corn (Candy Corn) with Cheddar – my niece made foil shapes, added the creamed corn and small pieces of white and orange cheese
- Individual Chocolate Pies with Whipped Cream Jack-O-Lanterns (see below)
- Mango Juice with Seltzer
Individual Chocolate Pies
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Melted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 175 grams semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 TBS butter
- 3 TBS milk
Preheat over to 350.
Crust – Press mixture of graham cracker crumbs and melted butter into bottom and up the sides of individual pie plates
Filling – In a pan combine condensed milk and chocolate. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and milk. Keep stirring. After it cools, pour into crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
Chill for several hours.
Jack-O-Lantern Whipped Cream – Whip heavy cream with orange food coloring. Sweeten as desired. Spoon into a small plastic bag, snip off a corner, pipe face onto chilled chocolate pies.
Lighted Menu Cards – This was a hit with party attendees. I mostly followed these directions.
- Cooper Tape
- Button Batteries
- LED Lights
- Jack-O-Lantern Stickers
- Black Card Stock
- Orange Card Stock
- Cellophane Tape
My critique of the meal: We all enjoyed this Halloween party! I was delighted to collaborate with my 19 year old niece. All of us keep talking about the menu cards and the homemade creamed corn.