I made this mashed potato dragon by cutting chilled Cheddar mashed potatoes with a cookie cutter. (see directions below)
Container: Wooden box purchased in Kyoto at Bento&co.
Contents: Dragon – Cheddar mashed potatoes, cooked broccoli, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts
Cookie Cutter Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Peel, dice and cook potatoes in boiling water until tender
- Mash potatoes with a little bit of butter and shredded Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste (I did not use milk because I wanted the mashed potatoes to be thick)
- Spread Cheddar mashed potatoes on a plate or in a pan to the correct thickness and size for your cookie cutter
- Chill Cheddar potatoes in refrigerator until somewhat firm
- Cut the firm Cheddar mashed potatoes with a cookie cutter and carefully remove the cutter
I asked my husband what dragon shaped food he wanted to eat and he said watermelon. I think that he is pretty cute.
Left Side: Watermelon dragon (2), broccoli, hard boiled eggs
Top Right: Cashews
Bottom Right: Garlic bread