Lily of the Valley Bento

Lily of the Valley Bento

Lily of the Valley is my favorite flower. I love the shape and smell. I am also reminded of my Grandmother’s garden in the house she had when I was a kid. That house and garden holds magical memories for me. I have a memory of fresh cut Lily of the Valley in a small juice glass on a counter in the kitchen. The memories are probably more special because that house and garden no longer exist. When I was about 11 my Grandparents sold that house. A contractor bought it, destroyed the house and garden and built apartments.

Container: ECO Lunchboxes

Soil: Wild rice cooked with a vegetable bouillon

Lily of the Valley: Apple with chives (from my herb garden)

Vegetables: Lettuce, mukimame, cucumber, carrot, roasted green and orange bell pepper, roasted asparagus (difficult to see in photo)

Grown-Ups Gotta Eat

This entry was posted in Bento / Cute Food and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Lily of the Valley Bento

1. What a beautiful bento! This made me smile. 🙂

2. blessedwork says:

oh, its a lovely bento! A greenery sight!

Beautiful and your memory as well. Be Blessed, Mtetar

4. Mary Lee says:

The design elements are very evident in this Bento – good color contrast too plus I bet it all was delicious. I also love Lilly of the Valley flowers. Grandmother memories are so wonderful at times.

5. This is such a beautifully-formed work of art. That it is edible is the plus! The house where I grew up is gone, now, along with my mother’s gardens. In my memory, the flowers are all blooming (an impossibility, as daffs and salvia and azaleas are not the same -season bloomers), and it is perpetually beautiful. Thank you for stirring those memories.

6. Rebecca says:

Beautiful bento! I love the bamboo. It adds such an organic feel to the whole thing. I love your tribute to your gradmother, too.

7. coconutcraze says:

I would feel out of this world if I open my lunch box and finds this. It is a pleasant Spring treat for the eyes! The memories linked with the flowers make this a special lunch box. Keep going!

8. My3Monsters says:

My Grandma had it in her garden too. I love it!

9. I also associate lily of the valley with childhood memories. Lovely bento!

This is so pretty! Glad you have lovely memories of lilies of the valley, it is one of my favourite flowers too!

11. art in our ecolunchbox – love this. did you really bring yourself to eat it? for anyone who wants to attempt their own bento in our ECOlunchbox Oval – please visit us at http://www.ecolunchboxes.com/product_boxoval.html

12. katriel says:

I love this- so pretty! I love the Lilly!

13. elstira says:

I like the the funny but modern look of it. Great!

14. me says:

Great bento and great memories.