Easter weekend, I hosted my parents, brother, and sister-in law. It was a wonderful time with my family.
Decorations: This was my first year with a mantel for Easter. I bought the garland at Michaels, the rabbits came from TJ Maxx. My Mom found the eggs. I bought pink paper grass at Michaels. It was very messy so I expect I will use something different next year. I bought the wreath last year from Michaels. My Mom made beautiful arrangements for my kitchen, dining room and library. A glimpse of my library is in the photo below. I will not reveal my fabulous room until I get replacement French Doors. I ordered them in March and they told me it will take 6 months! My hallway floating shelves has an egg my Mom found, I added a cupcake stand, an Easter Card from my niece, and my Easter Egg Tree.
Easter Breakfast: We enjoyed our traditional breakfast the day before Easter. There were 6 of us since my neighbor Eugene joined us.
- Tablecloth – My Mom’s Easter tablecloth
- Placemats – Assorted color rounds
- Napkins – Paper Easter napkins
- Plates – My Mom’s Easter plates
- Arrangement – Made by my Mom
- Bunny Silverware Holders: I enlarged this pattern and made the felt bunnies in pink, blue, yellow and green to coordinate with my placemats.
- Foil wrapped chocolate Easter Bunnies I bought at Parkleigh.
- Dad’s Easter Basket Bread
- Shaped butter
- Eggs (hard boiled and deviled)
- Cheese Plate with Fresh Mozzarella, Swiss, Horseradish Cheddar, and Aged Irish Cheddar (I used cute stickers on the labels)
My critique of the meal:
The basket bread was especially good this year. It is a time honored family tradition for my Dad to make it. The cheese plate was a new addition this year. It was enjoyed by all. Having this breakfast the day before Easter was a good idea to space out the larger meals and also for time management. My Mom did a wonderful job with the table decorations. My sister-in-law assisted. It was an enjoyable meal.
You must be logged in to post a comment.