Muffin Tin Monday Independence Day

Independence Day Muffin Tin

I made this 4th of July Muffin Tin Lunch for my 12 year old nephew. He requested a Muffin Tin meal. I know that usually Muffin Tin Lunches are made for younger children but anyone can enjoy this fun lunch at home. As a maker, I enjoy coming up with different things to put in each compartment.

Top Row:

• Red, White and Blue Muffin (I used a package of frozen mixed berries containing blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
  • Synder’s of Hanover Patriot Shaped Pretzels – flag, Liberty Bell, and star
  • United States shaped tortilla pizza (flour tortilla with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce, baked)

Bottom Row:

• Cucumber stars with United States flag pick
  • Red, White and Blue Yogurt (raspberry, top of blueberry fruit on bottom, and blueberry from fruit on bottom)
  • Blueberries

AnotherLunch

This entry was posted in Bento / Cute Food and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Muffin Tin Monday Independence Day

1. Tracy says:

You are always so creative – I love this!

2. Renae says:

awesome!

3. mlevine3010 says:

Love the usa tortilla!

4. I am glad to see that you used a muffin tin and thanks for sharing, I was thinking of using one for my very picky son whenever he is at home. I love the variety of foods that you included 🙂

5. Karen W says:

Love the patriotic muffin tin. I wish I could find those pretzels, how cool. I love the way you did the yogurt and the USA map tortilla.
    Would love for you to stop by Tots and Me. We also had a patriotic tin this week.

6. Koogle says:

I really like your Independence Day muffin tin meal! I agree with you that older children can enjoy “fun food” too. My son is 12, and he loves muffin tin meals!

Your U.S.-shaped tortilla pizza is great!

I have to tell you that I saw your link-up on Another Lunch earlier today, and I couldn’t help but be envious of your patriotic pretzels. LOL! So…when I went to Wal-Mart this evening, I looked for them; lo and behold, they had ONE bag left (which I snagged, of course!).

Thanks for sharing your festive lunch!

7. me says:

this is neat. I like the way the tortilla is broken up into time zones! very neat!

8. Sarah says:

Loving this lunch! Happy 4th!

9. Fantastic bento to mark the occasion! Love how you subtly included all the colours of the flag.