Homemade English Muffins

English-Muffins

I have wanted to make my own English Muffins for a long time. Great Breads by Martha Rose Shulman has a recipe but the issue of rings prevented me from making them. I do not eat tuna fish and it would take a long time to save enough water chestnut cans. Recently I found an English Muffin recipe by Alton Brown posted by Dishing the Divine.  Alton suggested the use of an electric griddle. Dishing the Divine suggested the use of canning jar rings. I had the canning jar rings but not the electric griddle. My Mom has an electric griddle. I borrowed the griddle from my Mom.

These are delicious! Although I thought that I would prefer the English Muffins fresh, I rather have them toasted. These are perfect toasted with butter and jam. I used homemade strawberry jam.

About these ads

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Homemade English Muffins

I like them toasted also with Orange Marmalade, and butter. Jam or Jelly is also a choice. Very Nice Plate I must add. Thanks for sharing as always. http://projectsbyMtetar.wordpress.com

2. kathysnest32 says:

My mouth is watering. How yummy. XX Kathleen

3. Wow! I never would have thought of making my own English Muffins! They look so good!

4. They look awesome. You even got the nooks and crannies. I make them often, sometimes using a crumpet type recipe with rings or with another recipe where the dough is cut with a cookie cutter.

I don’t think they have ever looked as good as these

English muffins are great!

6. Jeanette says:

They look gorgeous! Congratulations!!

7. afracooking says:

mmm toasted and slathered in butter with some red currant jelly…..I can smell them!

8. sh0werstorm says:

They look great, never thought to make muffins, I like mine split toasted left to go a bit cold and then smothered in tons of butter.
    which reminds me, I have a packet of crumpets in the freezer..