Shark Watermelon

shark watermelon

I made this shark watermelon for my nephews 6th birthday party. I followed the directions from watermelon.org for this shark. I only made a few changes. I did not cut the watermelon pieces into triangles and I put blueberries at the base instead of watermelon. Also I could only find red Swedish Fish so I did not put any in the shark’s mouth. I used a blueberry for the eye and attached it with a small piece of spaghetti.

About these ads

This entry was posted in Bento / Cute Food, Food, Party Planning. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Shark Watermelon

1. Mary Lee says:

fun!

Very nice someone shared one a Baby’s Carriage for a Baby’s Shower. Blessings Always, Mtetar

3. KerryCan says:

This is fabulous–I can’t think of anything that would make a 6-year-old boy happier!!

I like your idea to have blueberries at the base as it looks like the shark is jumping out of the water. Instead of red Swedish fish (which, as you said, wouldn’t show up, you could use gummy worms, but it looks just as good with just the watermelon.

When I made it last summer I found it helpful to set it on a plate or container with a lip as the shark tends to ooze a bit and it’s difficult (aka impossible) to tip it to get rid of the water. You did a great job!

Tavette – S. Florida.

5. Amazing creative, but I’m scare of shark!

This is awesome! Great job!

7. shirleyhkapa says:

OMG! This is totally out of the world! Amazing!!

8. coconutcraze says:

Lovely and scary at the same time!