I hosted an Around the World birthday party for my husband’s birthday. I invited his family and friends. My husband picked the countries based on the food he wanted to eat. Our countries were: Mexico, Italy, and Thailand.
I made a Happy Birthday banner using Happy Birthday in Spanish, Italian, and Thai. I also included the country flag and earth. For the place settings I included something from each country – individual pinatas (Mexico), customized drink cups (Italy), and elephant napkin rings (Thailand).
Mexico section of Birthday Banner
The pinatas were fun to make but VERY time consuming. We made 14 for the party. I wanted something different than candy so we filled the pinatas with individual packs of peanuts (10), and snack bags of pistachios (4). We put the trap door in the back of the pinata. These were a hit at the party!
For the custom Salute cup, I used the country shape of Italy, put the words Salute on top and created one for each of the party participants.
I used an applique pattern for the elephant, re-sized it to be smaller, and made a page to print out on card stock. I then cut them out and glued to paper for the ring. I left the trunk of the elephant not glued. I made napkin bundles that included plastic ware and used the napkin ring to hold it together. I sealed the ring with a piece of clear tape.
- Homemade noodles served with butter and Parmesan
- Caprese salad
- Garlic Bread
- Thai-Glazed Vegetable Skewers p. 101 New Vegetarian
- Carrots, cucumber, pepper with peanut sauce
- Trader Joe’s Roasted Coconut Chips
- Make your own Tacos
- Taco flavored Chex Mix (did not use peanuts) served in cones from Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Fruit Salad
- 3 Country Tray with cheese from Italy and Mexico and cashew nuts (Thailand)
- Ice water with lemon
- Italian Soda from Trader Joe’s
- Fruit Juice
- Wegmans Raspberry Lemonade Delicious!
Italy and Mexico Cheese and Crackers
Chex Mix in Paper Cones
- Earth cupcakes
- Flag shaped frosted sugar cookies
- Ice cream